West Bromwich Albion striker Nicolas Anelka has called on the Football Association to drop the racism charge after the leader of France’s Jews claimed his goal-celebration gesture was not anti-Semitic,custom soccer jerseys.
The FA has decided that Anelka will face a charge for using the gesture, which is known in France as a “quenelle” and has been described as an “inverted Nazi salute,” for a racially aggravated breach of its rules.
But the Frenchman insists the FA wrongly interpreted the meaning of the quenelle,world cup jerseys,cheap soccer jerseys.
“I ask the English FA to kindly lift the charges alleged against me,cheap soccer jerseys,” Anelka wrote on his Facebook page. “And I repeat, I am not anti-Semitic or racist.”
Anelka noted how Roger Cukierman, the president of the Representative Council of French Jewish Institutions,custom soccer jerseys, was believes the FA were wrong to charge him.
On Tuesday,soccer jerseys cheap, Anelka tweeted “nothing to add” with a link to a French interview with Cukierman insisting the striker’s actions were not anti-Semitic because they were not in front of a synagogue or a Holocaust memorial.
Anelka said the FA should have consulted Cukierman.
没有评论:
发表评论